Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Just got an email from my friend Randy back in the midwest. Omaha has reached 100 degrees today, the earliest ever recorded. Now sure, sometimes records are broken, but this one comes just 48 hours after Sunday's low of 32 degrees. Yes, they had freeze warnings that night! And now 100.

Reminds me of the time, years ago, when Randy and I drove from Omaha down to Lincoln to see ZZ Top perform at the Pershing Auditorium. It was a beautiful spring day, I had the T-tops open all the way to the capital city. Well, after the show, I heard a guy in the bathroom talking about the snow outside. I figured he was on acid, and kept a wide berth between us. Well, we walked outside and it was snowing! Drove 10 mph all the way up the freeway to Omaha.

It is very true, if you don't like the weather in Nebraska, just wait 10 minutes- it'll change.

P.S. A reminder that I will not be around this Sunday 5/19 for the ride to Dotties, as I will be in Cottonwood for the MS ride. See ya on the 26th!

No comments: