Here's the best guess of their schedule at this time, and a description of their route to New River.
- 0630 riders arrive at Fire Station 1, 323 N 4th Ave. Sunday Cycles will have an area set up for bike adjustments and other cycling assistance.
- 0650 Breakfast with riders- Breakfast will be provided by Station 1, Local 493, the Emerald Society and very possibly CC's mesquite grill (breakfast burritos- waiting on confirmation).
- 0730 Media interviews (Holly Harmon to handle local media) with Chief Khan, Vice Mayor Johnson, Paul Ritchie, and possibly a couple other VIP's
- 0750 Organizing vehicles for departure, overview of safety points and traffic laws. Tour escorted by MCSO, Phoenix PD, AZ Army National Guard, Engine 935, and Community Involvement.
- 0815 Departure from Station 1
- 0830 Photos at Peace Officer Memorial and State Capital
- 1045 DPS Ranger 41- North Phoenix, photographs from the air.
- South on 4th Ave to Washington
- West on Washington to 17th Ave to the Arizona Peace Officer Memorial site and Capital Mall (30 minutes at this site)
- East on Jefferson to 3rd Ave
- North on 3rd Ave to Osborn
- East on Osborn to Central Ave
- North on Central to Hatcher
- East on Hatcher to 7th St
- North on 7th St to Happy Valley
- West on Happy Valley to Nortera Pkwy
- North on Nortera Pkwy to Carefree Highway
- West on Carefree Highway to North Valley Parkway
- North to North Gavilan Pkwy
- North to I-17 access road
- I-17 access road to New River road and the Roadrunner restaurant
This ride is approximately 40 miles or 60 kilometers which should put us in New River by 1200 hours. We will load the bikes at this location and trailer to Camp Verde.
UPDATE: Today's Arizona Republic has an article and photos of Scott and the rest of the Arizona group.