Saturday, May 31, 2008

R.E.M. - Hollywood Bowl - May 29
















Just returned from Hollywood after seeing R.E.M. at the Hollywood Bowl Thursday night. Hands down, my favorite venue I've ever been to.








We arrived in town about 2:30 PM, and wandered up the street with our picnic lunch and a bottle of wine and spent the afternoon chatting with another couple who had the same idea (i.e. blow off work and enjoy the beautiful day in the sun). After a little while, we heard the band's sound check ("Pretty Persuasion" and "I Took Your Name").








As usual, when the first opening act came on at 6:30, there were barely a couple thousand people in the seats (LA traffic being what it is, not surprising I guess). Too bad for them, because The National is a great act.








Here's a few pictures from the show, click on the image to view full size. Next week, I'm off to Chicago to see the same show there with my brothers and my friend Dean.

No comments: